The Parish Church of All Saints in Mill Street is one of the largest examples of a perpendicular church in England – the nave is 93 feet wide.

It was built in 1395 as a Collegiate Church by Archbishop William Courtenay. Twenty four clergy sang morning and evening prayer each day and looked after the pastoral, educational and practical needs of the people of Maidstone.

In 1549 the college was dissolved and the church became the Parish Church of Maidstone.

Apart from service times, the church is usually open for visitors from 10am to 4pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and on Saturdays from 10am to 12.30pm from Easter until the end of September.

The church contains many treasures including a Jacobean font, the beautiful Beale brass and a memorial to Lawrence Washington, an ancestor of George.


All Saints Church
Mill Street
ME15 6YE